CUPE Local 2027 represents service, clerical and technical staff at Glengarry Memorial Hospital.
CUPE is Canada’s largest union with over 700,000 members. CUPE is also Ontario’s largest union with 251,000 members, including more than 80,000 CUPE members working in health care. 40,000 of those members work at 120 sites of more than 60 hospitals.
CUPE members have the strongest job security provisions of any hospital workers in Ontario.
CUPE has an excellent track record of negotiating strong collective agreements, and of protecting and making gains at the bargaining table.
CUPE is a democratic union committed to Local Autonomy. This means that local bargaining units make decisions about bargaining priorities, grievances and arbitrations and even dues. In other words, as a member, your vote has real strength.
In addition to setting the provincial pattern at the bargaining table, CUPE also mobilizes public pressure on government decision-makers to enhance and protect public health care.
In Ontario, CUPE members run effective advocacy campaigns, on many health care issues, including:
- pandemic pay for all front-line health care workers;
- protecting health care workers from COVID-19;
- increased staffing in the public health care system;
- an end to health care cuts and privatization;
- legislative protection against violence in the workplace; and
- a reduction in deaths due to hospital-acquired infections and adequate funding for hospital care.
Want more information? Check out the below links:
- Pandemic Pay Factsheet
- CLAC Factsheet #1
- CLAC Factsheet #2
- Local 2027 Full-time Collective Agreement
- Local 2027 Part-time Collective Agreement
- Front-line workers deserve better: CUPE Ontario opposes extension of emergency powers in Bill 195
- Health care workers reeling from Ontario government attack on their basic rights: CUPE seeks a mandate from its members to respond forcefully
- Contact your MPP-Stop bill 195
Special Bylaw Meeting
Tuesday September 29th @ 5:30 pm
Click here to register
Working group application form
Please fill out this form if you are interested in joining the local’s working group and email it to [email protected]